Linux Command Line Basics
What you'll learn
- realize the potential of the Linux command line.
- navigating the Linux Filesystem.
- explain the Linux Filesystem hierarchy.
- use command options.
- create hard and soft links.
- use powerful Linux wild cards.
- create,view and manipulate files.
- use different Linux text editors (nano,gedit).
- find help while using the Linux command line.
- create you own Linux commands .
- A desire to learn Linux.
- any Linux distribution installed on your computer ( even on a virtual machine).
Join the most popular #1 Linux Course on Udemy (over 155,000 students) and get two of my Best Seller books for FREE:
Learn Linux Quickly
A Friendly Guide to Easily Master the World's Most Powerful Operating System.
Learn Ansible Quickly - RHCE
Master All Ansible Automation skills required to pass EX294 exam and become a Red Hat Certified Engineer.
** Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is considered as one of the top paying certifications in the IT industry averaging an annual salary of $101,527 **
Become an effective Linux user and advance your Career. Learning the Linux Command Line will take you FAR!
Learn to appreciate the power of the Linux command line.
Understand the structure of the Linux File System.
Learn how to utilize Linux man pages and help tools.
Realize the differences between soft and hard links.
Learn how to navigate your Linux File System using few simple commands!
Learn how to create, modify and process files.
Learn how to create your own Linux commands.
You will also find animated videos to help you understand complex Linux concepts in a very simple way.
There is a file associated with every video explaining the commands to reinforce your understanding and to clear any confusion you have.
Who this course is for:
- anyone who wants to get started with Linux.
- existing Linux users or learners who wants to be effective at using the Linux command Line.
- windows or mac users who wants to migrate to Linux but are afraid to make the move!
- aspiring Linux system administrators.
I am a DevOps Engineer working at Boeing Canada and I have experience working with a variety of Linux/UNIX systems including Red Hat, Debian, SUSE, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX. I also work remotely as a technical trainer and course/content developer at Robertson College.
I am also a proud member of the Linux Foundation as I was the recipient of the 2016 LiFT Academic Aces Award & 2020 LiFT Sysadmin Super Star Award by the Linux Foundation for my contribution to the Linux project.
I am 7x Azure, 5x AWS and MCT certified and I hold the following IT certifications:
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
• AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
• Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
• Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA)
I am also a 3x book author:
• Learn Linux Quickly
• Learn Bash Quickly
• Learn Ansible Quickly
In my spare time; I play the guitar and dabble with Game Development (Unity) and when the weather is nice, I cruise with my skateboard!
I am a seasoned DevOps Engineer with a specialization in The Cloud and a deep understanding of DevOps practices. With years of experience, I have successfully trained and mentored individuals, guiding them through the intricacies of this field.
My expertise extends to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies, and I am committed to continuously expanding my knowledge to stay at the forefront of the industry.
My teaching approach is rooted in practicality and efficiency, focusing on delivering tangible results. I strive to provide individuals with the necessary skills and insights to thrive in the fast-paced world of DevOps.
-AWS DevOps Professional
-Google Cloud Certified DevOps Professional
-Google Cloud Certified Cloud Engineer Associate
-Hashicorp Certified Terraform Associate